Kwame Baffoe Abronye Writes
SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT ON SECURITY MATTERS (PART 1)
I have cited a press release from the National Democratic Congress Youth Wing over their plans to embark on a demonstration to demand Justice for the deaths of Kaaka and others at Ejura in the Ashanti Region.
First and foremost, let me use this opportunity to condemn the mob launched on Kaaka that led to his untimely death.
Now to the substantive matter, I must say that, article 21 of the 1992 Republican constitution guarantees the NDC the right to demonstrate however that same constitution explicitly stated that such a walk or demonstration should be peaceful and anything contrary to that will be fearlessly resisted by the security forces.
I therefore on this note urge the police to give them the opportunity to exercise their fundamental rights which is clearly stated in the constitution.
To add to that, the President of the Republic must also be commended for his swift decision to institute a committee through the interior minister to initiate investigations into the barbaric incident that happened at Ejura. However, my humble request to the President is that the Committee should extend it’s investigation to the shooting and killing of Wassiw Idrisu at the NDC Ashanti Regional Office on 18/12/ 2019 so the perpetrators of that incident will be unravelled and be brought to book.
On this note, I must use this opportunity to dispel the claim by Former President John Dramani Mahama and his NDC that, under their tenure in power, security matters were under control and that such killings did not happen during his administration.
I would only say that, these kind of utterances could be best described as nothing but balderdash.
The following individuals were murdered by armed robbers and some by unknown assailants during John Mahama administration as the president of this country.
But their so called apparachicks Youth Wing did not seek for justice or walk for justice or call for same to be Fixed.
1. Peter Kojo Keyenso, Nkwanta South DCE, murdered by NDC youth on 3/11/2014
2. JB Danquah murdered on 9/02/2016
3. Staff Officer Owusu murdered on 6/02/2016 , Bamboi
4. Emmanuel Fennec Okyere murdered on 12/05/2015
5. Nana Okotoako Kofi Mankata II, Chief of Chinto murdered 26/03/2015
6. Nii Kwaku Bibini II, chief of Oblogo near Weija 21/04/2012
7. Naa Dasana Andani, Chief of Bimbila murdered on 19/07/2014
8. Nana Kwaku Dwumah Ankoanah II 5/11/2013
9. Nii Ayitey Noryatse murdered on 11/03/2014
10. Nene Kpetutu, Chief of sota near Shai Osudoku murdered on 20/03/2016
11. Alhaji Seidu Abdullai , Kintampo Gonja chief ,murdered on 28/08/2016
12. George Abanga alias King George, Peace Fm murdered on 10l09/2015 at Goaso
13. D/Cpl Francis Amenyo Aballo murdered by armed robbers on 28/05/2016
14. Constable Kwakuvi Hukporti murdered by armed robbers on 24/12/2016
15. G/Cpl Humphery Lumor murdered by armed robbers on 30/06/2016
16. G/Cpl Frank Kombla Klu murdered by armed robbers on 17/06/2016
17. G/Cpl Frank Osei Amankwah murdered by armed robbers on 16/03/2016, at Sefwi Bekwai.
18. G/Constable Emmanuel Nii Atseku murdered by armed robbers on 22/09/2015
19. G/Cpl Prince Charles Akata murdered by armed robbers on 7/01/2015 at Weija
20. Constable George Nyiko murdered by unknown assailants on 24/06/14 at Gambaga
21. Jegri Tabalim murdered by unknown assailants on 24/06/2014 @Gambaga.
Flowing from the above, it is unfathomable, untenable and mind- boggling for the NDC and their so called desperate 2024 flagbearer to have said that security matters were under control during his administration.
Did the NDC Youth Wing call on Mahama to fix the above killings as President?
Did the NDC youth Wing Demonstrate about the Killing of Wassiw Idrisu at their Regional Party Office?
Did the Youth Wing demonstrate about the Killing of their own DCE in Nkwanta South?
Desperate JDM was so cavalier about it and virtually nothing was done so far as those killings were concerned.
I also heard one of their Slay queens who is an American Citizen by name Efia Atopa, saying that Ghana is not safe and that we are in a war zone. Afia Atopa should check the following statistics in America. On 14th June 2021, Newsnationtv.com reported that, more than 19,000 gun violence deaths occurred in America in 2021, an average of 120 per day.
Also New York Times on 29th June 2021 reported mass shootings in the U.S in 2021 which led to the killings of people in the following cities .
(a) San Jose ,Calif, 9 people killed on 9/05/2021
(b) Bulmer, Colorado, 10 people killed on 22/03/2021
(c) Colorado Springs, 9 people killed on 9/05/21
(d) Orange Calif, 4 people killed on 31/03/21
(e) Muskogee, Okla 4 people killed on 2/0/02/21
(f) Allen, Texas 4 people killed 3/04/21
(g)Indianapolis, 17 people killed on 15/04/21
(h) Chicago , 5 people killed on 9/01/21
(i)Atlanta , 8 people killed on 16/03/21
(j) Boone , .N.C , 4 people killed on 28/03/21
(k) Rock Hill , S.C , 6 people killed on 7/04/21
(l) Essex, Md 4 people killed on 28/03/21.
What is so strange is that, Afia Atopa does not want to talk about the mass killings in America because as an American Citizen she does not want her country I.e America to look bad to the rest of the world. Those following them should think twice.
Let me conclude by saying that, the isolated cases of shooting does not mean Ghana is sitting on a time bomb ready to explode. Ghana is not under a state of insecurity as exaggerated by some folks.
Part 2 will be ready soon.