SOME QUESTIONS TO MAHAMA AND HIS NDC ON KOMENDA SUGAR FACTORY
As we are all aware, the Komenda Sugar Factory was built by Seftech Company, an Indian firm in the erstwhile NDC administration led by the Incompetent John Dramani Mahama. The consultant for the project was also an Indian firm called Hi-tech. The total amount of the factory was around $36.5m of which the Ghana Exim Bank at that time also gave a grant of about Ghc3m for acces road to the project location, and am sure that money went into the pockets of some individual because no road was constructed as at the time we came to office.
The factory was commissioned by Mahama on 30th May 2016. After the commissioning, the factory was halted from operations on the 1st June 2016 for whatever reason known to them. We were told that, the factory was closed because of for maintenance. An excuse born out of incompetence and propaganda.
I will like to ask mahama and his NDC apparachiks the following questions;
1. Which political party was in power when the factory was commissioned?
2. Why was the factory shut down just two months after commissioning it?
3. Where was raw materials going to be obtained from or did they make plans for the acquisition of raw materials?
4. Where was the testing sugar sourced from. Was it a ploy to deceive the good people of Komenda and it environs for their votes?
5. What strategic plans did the former Board put in place to source raw materials for production and to ensure sustainability of the factory?
6. How many acres of land did the JM and the NDC acquire for the production of raw materials to feed the factory?
Last but not the least, if JM and the NDC says the komenda sugar factory ever produced sugar, we want to know which laboratory did the testing for the chemicals and ingredients used in producing that so called sugar. We say this because per the 2017 evaluation report of the Komenda Sugar factory by Price water house Coopers (PWC) dated 10th October, 2017, the Laboratory was sighted at page 10 and table 4 and it wad clear that, the equipments for the laboratory was not installed and therefore they couldn’t have done any tests to produced any sugar from that uncompleted factory. So we ask, how did they produce that fake sugar?
NPP Communications Director -KEEA